SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

foam weather seal

A home owner says:
I am looking for a replacement seal for around a door. It is white vinyl on the outside and gray foam on the inside. There are no hard plastic or metal frame to nail into the frame. It comes somewhat folded in half and measures approx. 1" when unfolded.
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It looks like the bottom of this weatherstripping has been ripped off. It may, indeed, be nailed into your frame. I recommend looking at our 58-056 and 58-169. Do you think either of these foam seals could work as a substitute for your existing sample?
A quick learner says:
You are right, I had to cut it off the door jam. when the door was manufactured the seal was in place. Though, on another door I have the same strip that was glued on. I believe the 2 that you have shown me will not work.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we can't make any other suggestions without seeing an undamaged portion of your weatherseal to see how exactly it fits into your door. What is it about our 58-056 and 58-169 that differs from your own sample?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)