folding window crank handle

A home owner from Minnesota says:
We would like to transition from non-folding window crank handles on our Marvin casement windows to folding handles, does 39-205 or 39-107FK work for this? If so, does one of them fold up tighter providing more clearance for the blinds? The handles we have now have 45054 stamped on the back. Also, can you tell if these are bronze, dark bronze, or clay from the pictures?

Thank you,
Scott
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, I think the 39-205 and 39-107FK can work for you in this instance. Just keep in mind they are meant for a spline size of 11/32". I think that's a safe bet, but you may want to double check just in case.

I can't really say if one tightens up more than the other. Honestly, accommodating this kind of hardware to avoid blinds is often very difficult, especially if the window was not designed with blinds in mind (pardon the rhyme). Even though the handles fold down they still stick out a little, so there isn't much you can do about it if that happens to hit the blinds. That said, the 39-205 and 39-107FK are your best options, I just can't guarantee that either will work.

As for the color, that's also hard to say. Your top picture looks like dark bronze, but the bottom picture looks like regular bronze. I believe that the lighting is playing tricks with my eyes.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.