SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

frame corners for window screen.

A landlord from Belleview, FL says:
I have 3 screens that I have to redo for a tenant.

On the bottom corners, the corner frames have a moveable vertical holder which allows the bottom of the screen to be locked in (center bottom) and a round stop on the front side. On the top, there in a round stop on the front of the stop. Do you have anything like this, or a recommendation of where to get them?

Photo one is the top outside view of the stop. Photo 2 is the bottom outside view of the stop. Photo 3 and 4 are the photos of the moveable lock in the open and locked in positions.
User submitted photos of screen corners.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If your frame is 5/16" thick, then you may want to consider our 95-087 with stop and our 95-218 with finger latch. They both come with a screen pull.
The only problem with these is that the ones I am trying to find have a round holding peg on the outside face of the corner. These are used to help keep the screen in place even though the screen itself is cut quite a bit smaller than the opening for the screen.

Do you have any suggestions as how I could mount a plastic peg on these that you are suggesting?

Thank you,

AJ Walrath
Profile picture of Paul
The 95-087 does have a stop like your corner with the peg.
Unfortunately, the stop on this is an angle, that is on the interior side, not circular on the exterior side.

I am going to try to use the upper corners from the damaged ones. Hopefully, I will be able to repair the damage. Unfortunately, the lower corners are too damaged to reuse. That is why I asked if you had any recommendations as to how I could modify your bottom corners to add a round "stop" (I hope that this is the correct term for the round cylinder on the exterior side of the frame corner) to add them.

The photo is of the exterior view of a bottom frame corner.

Thank you,

aj
Profile picture of Paul
From what I can see in your pictures, your stop is on the spline side, which is exactly where the stop for our 95-087 is. If the stop is not deep enough, you can install a screw there like our 33-085.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)