SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

front bay window, broken hinges

A home owner from abingdon, md says:
Just purchased a home that has a front bay window. Center is 36" wide; two side crank open windows are 55L x 19-1/2" wide. They crank open and both windows have broken hinges on the top. The window is in good condition except for the hinges which need replacement. There are no markings on the windows anywhere, house is approx 20 years old and was told that this is the original window. HELP>>>>PLEASE at a loss...
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

Could you upload a few photos of the hinges with measurements? This will help use research a possible replacement hinge.
i will try and attach pictures of the top broken hinges on both side windows...it is the same small black piece that seems to slide...the side windows are 19 inches wide and the hinge is approx 12 inches....please let me know how i can fix this window..thank you for your help.....denise
User submitted photos of window.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I can't really get a good look at your hinge. You could have a roto type of hinge which is not used anymore. Take a look at our 36-013-10 2-Bar Hinge Set. This is the type that is most common in today's windows. If you're uncertain about using the 36-013-10 Hinge Set, send more photos so we can take a look.
I will check and see if my friend has better photos of the hinges but it does look like the ones you referenced.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)