SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

gapco windown balance replacement

A handy person from Cleveland, Mississippe says:
I have numerous gapco windows in need of a new balance. I have the numbers off of the balances and the length of the aluminum strip holding the spring. What other information do you need to be able to fill an order.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Gapco has used our Series 351 balance in the past. Is this a match for yours? If not, please take a few pictures of the top and bottom nylon attachments. Please also tell me the length of the metal channel and the stamp.

If your top nylon sash guides are also broken, I believe our 18-097 can work as a substitute for the type that Gapco uses.
A handy person from Cleveland, Mississippe says:
The series 351 looks like a perfect match. Also, the series 390 is very close. The only difference I see is the color of the bottom piece 15-001/15-002. Below find my numbers and length.

I also need three Gapco window locks and about 10 retainer clips
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the bottom shoe is the only difference. Between those two, which is closer to yours?
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)