SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

handle and screw pops out of my operator

A home owner from Sacramento, ca says:
I have a crank window problem. The model has this info

U.S. Pat. 4.083.264
Can. Pat. 1979

I can open it but when I try to close the handle and the screw comes out so three is not pull to close the window. Can you tell me what parts i need to replace?

Thank you
Woody
A customer submitted image of their operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Woody. Do you see the spiral gear on the end of the handle? That isn't supposed to come out. If it has, that means the gears are stripped. You will have to replace the entire operator.

I'd be happy to help you identify what operator you need, but I will need to see yours fully removed from the window. Let me know!
A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
I need replacements parts for number of windows with the same specs as above:
U.S. Pat. 4.083.264
Can. Pat. 1979
I am adding a picture of the inner workings of the crank and spiral gear...which is also stripped.
Would you please suggest how/where to ordering the entire operator system? Grateful for any help!
A customer submitted image of their operator.
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid I still cannot identify this hardware without seeing it fully removed from the window. That is the only way for me to get an idea of what you have. You will have to gently pry up the wooden trim in order to access the screws holding the operator in.

In the meantime, I recommend that you browse through our Selection of Truth Casement Operators and see if anything here matches your hardware. Make sure to carefully compare the dimensions and style of these operators to your own, as many appear similar and only have slight, yet essential, differences.

A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
I have removed the molding and photographed the parts. I have also enlarged the number information and enclosed it in an arrow pointing to where that is located. Hopefully this will aid in an identification.
Thank You!
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! These are perfect. I would start by looking at our 39-032 and 39-031 and see how closely they resemble your operator. Make sure to take special note of the length of the smaller link arm.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)