Marvin integrity casement handles

A home owner from CT says:
Weird situation. These handles are on both Marvin integrity casements and anderson casements. They seemed to be stripped and will not tighten and kind of fall off. Obviously they are some type of folding replacements. I was wondering if I tried a couple of new ones, they may not be stripped. They seem nice because they fold away neatly.

Do you have anything I can try?
User submitted photo of their window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Would you happen to know the size of the spline? If it's 11/32", I recommend our 39-205 folding crank handle. This may work for you.

Though I wonder exactly how they're falling off. Tell me, when the handle falls off, does it bring the corkscrew-shaped bore out with it? If so, then the problem is not with the handle, but the operator itself. That bore is not meant to come out and it means your gears are stripped. The only way to fix it is to replace the operator itself.
A home owner from CT says:
I don't know what a spline is? Is that the diameter of the threaded thing that is the mechanism that sticks out?

or is the thing I'm describing the corkscrew-shaped bore?

The "male" piece does not come out with the handle. The handle does have a round " female" receptor that fits over the "bore"? . this whole thing does come out with the handle. The little screw on the side does not tighten it anymore. it cranks but feels stripped.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm referring to the hole in the handle. See the image below of the 39-205 to see its spline.
Alternate image for 39-205
Alternate image for 39-205
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.