SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

hardware for series1100/1200 patroit vinyl windows

A home owner from florence sc says:
I need the plastic guides thatare on ea side of lower window channel hanging with a cord that is attached to a long spring with a rod running through the plastic & spring that runs to bottom and attaches to another plastic slide.Once this is all attached then this enables the window to pop up slightly so you can tilt the lower window out.
I have been unable to view my exact type in your catalog listing .Please Help
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
It appears you may be looking for window balances.

Take a few photos and upload them so we can take a look and get an idea of what you'll need.
A quick learner from florence sc says:
Here are some photos of my window balance and tilt latch.
User submitted photo of their block and tackle balacne and window latch.
Profile picture of Mike
You don't show the full shot of the window balance spring, so I'm not sure if it's the Series 850 or the Series 860.

The top tilt latch looks like the Swisco 26-298 and 26-299.

[EDIT] The top tilt latches look like the Swisco 26-263 and 26-264.
A quick learner from FLORENCE SC says:
Here are a few additional images.
Thanks Narvin
User submitted photos of their crossbow balance attachments and pivot bar.
Profile picture of Mike
Narvin, it appears you'll need the Series 850 Block & Tackle Balance. The tilt bar looks like the Swisco 26-318 Pivot Bar.
A quick learner from florence sc says:
Mike!
thank you for the reply of my request on the pivot bar &the balancers for my series 850.
Ionly need the black shoe that attaches at bottom to the pivot bar.
Can I only order that when I place my order on the other Items you have identified for me?
Now one final question. I have single hung slash windows patroit series 1100/1200.Ihave one top glass that is broken .Can you tell me if you sell the one Top slash window new?
Thanks Narvin
A quick learner from florence SC says:
Hi Mike!
After viewing my window latches that I need for patroit series1100/1200 you posted on the website,product code 26-298LH&26-299RH I question if the correct latches might not be product code263LH &26-264RH.The reasonI question is:
Is 26-298 & 26-299 on the bottom side (up-side-down view)rounded off to receive a rounded cut in the top of the window as my broken latches are? And is the slide latches supported with a small spring, as mine are?

The measurements in each of the latches are very similar except 26-263 & 26-264 shows 3/8" thick where as 26-298 & 26-299 shows 1/8" thick. I was unable to view the UP-Side -Down of 26-298 & 26-299. The slide out latch on the 26-263 shows a width of 7/16" but the 26-298 & 26-299 has a width of 9/16". My old latches (the slide portion has a width of 7/16.

Please advise if I should purchase either the 26-298LH or 26-263 LH.

Thanks,
Narvin
Profile picture of Mike
Narvin, you're right!

It appears the 26-263 and 26-264 Tilt Window Latches would be a better fit for you.

Sorry for the confusion.
A quick learner from Florence SC says:
Mike!
Thanks for your help. I will order 26-263 &26-264.
My question of yesterday 1;57PM sept 22nd I asked about the purchase of the top slash window new from you.& if I could purchase only the black shoe that attaches to the bottom spring of the balancer,where the Pivot Bar26-318 that is on ea edge of the window locks into .If so what is the product code of the black shoe?
If you sell the window my measurement are:
34"H X28 1/4 W 5/8"thick frame.In between the double glass are 2 verticle 3/4" &1horizonal inserts (same width)running across the middle of the window.
I will be ready to place my order as soon as I get this answer.
Thanks Again for your help
Narvin
Profile picture of Mike
Sorry Narvin, but the black shoe is not sold separately.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)