SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

have you made 39-224 in bronze?

A quick learner from California says:
Hello, I need to replace a number of Milgard cranks with 5/16 hex, but I need bronze. Have you made this in bronze? The originals are getting stripped with their plastic hex insert failing. I just bought this house and they have simply been abused by previous owner. Thanks!
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
We don't currently have the 39-224 in dark bronze but I would be happy to have them made up for you. I will let you know as soon as they become available!
I'm afraid I'm a bit color blind. My wife tells me they are black, not bronze!. So I am looking for black...
Profile picture of Donna
I'm afraid black is not available. However, they are made in dark bronze, which is dark. When we add it, we will make sure to have a clear photo of it so that you can compare it to the original.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Alright, we received the new color option for the 39-224. The good news is, the color is actually more like black-bronze. I think this should satisfy your requirements.
So I purchased one in black-bronze as a test case, and it's a perfect color match! It is much higher quality with a metal (instead of plastic like the original) female hex fitting. I've ordered 8 more. Thanks!
Profile picture of Donna
That's great, I'm glad to hear that color was a match!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)