SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

having trouble finding right door track

A home owner from Phoenix AZ says:
I have a closet with very heavy 4x8 ft sliding mirror doors and their weight has destroyed the existing door track. The closest track I see is the 23-273 but mine measures 4 inches wide with a 2-inch gap between the 'peaks' that the wheels ride on. I fear if I go with a 3 inch track I won't have enough room. Where am I going to find this track?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what track you have. Could I see a few pictures of its profile? Could you also confirm that when measuring the distance between the "peaks," you are measuring from center-of-peak to center-of-peak? Thank you!
A home owner from Phoenix says:
I'm guessing the weight of the doors has smashed the track so badly that it's now about four inches wide. Quite possible it originally measured 3 inches wide. I ordered the identical looking track, my only concern is its ability to support the weight of these large 4x8 mirror doors.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)