SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

heavy window tube balances

A home owner from westchester,ny. says:
my tilt window is to heavy for the kind of tube balances, i have 40 windows and they all the same way i like to know what kind of tube balances you would recumbent me to buy.Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It sounds like you're talking about spiral balances. Without more information, I'm not sure what you'd need. However, take a look at our Spiral Balance Home Page and follow the steps shown in order to identify the Series that matches your hardware. With that in mind, we will be better able to determine what you need.
A home owner from westchester, new york. says:
now that i know the diameter of the spiral balances which is half inch and 31and a quater of inches long 600 series now do you need the to know how heavy the til window is . like i said before is very heavy .
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, you will have to weigh the sash and compare its weight to the Tip Colors shown for the S600-31. It's important that you get as exact a weight as possible.
A quick learner from westchester, new york. says:
I weigh the sash is 24lbs now please tell me the right spiral balance that i need.thank you
Profile picture of Tom
I recommend the Red Tip. As shown on the S600-31 product page, two balances with this tip can hold a window sash weight of 7 through 29 pounds.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)