SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

help finding Certainteed lock

A home owner from ohio says:
Can you please help me with replacing the lock set on the sliding glass door? The key will no longer slide in and turn lock.

It is a Certainteed 6'sliding glass door, #115549 with a keyed lock, item code 99 certainteed.

This was ordered and installed in Oct of 2007.

I've included 2 pics as well.

Thank you,

Steve
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Steve. First we'll have to determine whether or not it's your handle that's the problem, or your inside mortise lock.

First, throw the internal latch to see if it works, If not, then you'll most likely have to replace the mortise lock. If it's the other way around, then you'll need a new key cylinder. Let us know and we can work from there!
A quick learner from Glendale Heights, Illinois says:
Hello,
I have the identical lock and handle as the picture above. The only difference is mine does not have a keyed lock. I am looking for this set up with a keyed lock. Do you carry these? Thanks, Steve.
Profile picture of Tom
Sure. The handle in the picture above closely resembles our 82-068. Do you agree? If so, a keyed option may be difficult to acquire for this handle set. Other customers have successfully used our 82-310 in the past, however it required them to drill out a hole. You may want the help of a local handy person or locksmith to install this cylinder for you.
Thanks for the help. I would like to keep my original set up as a spare just in case. I am looking at ordering a complete new set up to drill the hole in. Do you know what size hole will have to be drilled for the keyed lock? Here is a list of what I am going to order:

82-068 Mortise Style Handle Set
82-238 Double Hook Mortise Lock
82-310 Key Lock
89-030 Multi-Point Striker

Does it look like all the parts I'm ordering will work together? Thanks for all your help.

Steve.
Profile picture of Tom
Well, the 82-310 has a diameter of 5/8", so you would need to work with a hole around that big. But like I said, you might want a locksmith to help you out.
Ok. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)