SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

help finding handlew

A quick learner from San Francisco says:
Hi,
I also have attached an image of the handle that I'm trying to replace. I measured the distance between the 2 mounting screws and it says 5 in. Can you please help me find a replacement part? I cannot find the manufacturer name.
User submitted photos of a door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon! Thank you for posting, and for the clear pictures. Take a look at our 82-068 Mortise Style Handle Set and compare it to your own hardware. Does this look like a match? Let me know!
A quick learner from San Francisco says:
Hi,
Thanks for your response. This is what I need but the measurement does not match to my current one. I measured the distance between the 2 screws on mine are 5 inches. Would it fit?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Well, the distance for the 82-068's screw hole centers is only 4-15/16". That's only 1/16" off from yours. Are you sure yours is 5", and not 4-15/16"? Make sure you're only measuring the screw hole centers.
A quick learner says:
I'm pretty sure I measured it correctly but I could be wrong. I've looked everywhere and I could not find any 5 inch handle. You maybe correct. I will measure it again when I get home. Thanks for all your help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)