SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help finding replacement for my drawer guide

A home owner from New Lebanon, NY says:
It looks like my drawer bracket is 1 7/8" deep (krappy plastic--the drawer one broke, fell on the shelf one below and broke that, too.)

I've now mail-ordered (even spent $15 for express mail) three of the wrong kinds. I just finished crawling around installing one kind, and the shelf won't roll back because the bracket's too long.

What can I do--besides fall off the wagon?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
There are a lot of possibilities, and I'm not sure what you have. Our 32-012 takes a track that is 1" x 7/16", and our 32-119 takes a track that is 32/32" x 7/16". Could either of these work for you? If not, please take a couple pictures of your original socket and tell us the size of your track and we can work from there.
I think I've said it wrong. It is the protrusion (length?)of the bracket that confounds my attempts. 32-012 protrudes 2+ inches: I actually fastened one like that to the back wall of my cabinet (I thought for days that I'd broken ribs...) but then the drawer won't close. The ones that broke are 1 7/8 inches: Cutting them off won't work, I don't believe--even if I could figure out how to do that.
Profile picture of Paul
Ah, I see. We don't have any brackets that protrude 1-7/8". Could I see pictures of what you have?
Here 'tis (after I crashed my computer.)

Also the drawer. Whatever replaces the bracket would have to screw in, not fit in the holes that are now filled with the broken protrusions that kept them in place.

Would it work to replace the whole thing, the whole track on the drawer (and shelf)and the cabinet on just that one side?

This is driving me batty.... (excuse the cookie crumbs on the stove: I'm trying to bake, in this utter disorganization.)
User submitted photos of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Ah, I see. Yes, I recognize this. We have many older discussions about this very same part. We don't have an exact match but the two I suggested above are our only possible replacements we have ever had work.
What about the idea of replacing the entire assembly (I don't even know what it's called) on one side of both the drawer and the shelf? Would that work?
Profile picture of Paul
One of our self closing drawer track systems may work, but you would have to make sure their dimensions match yours.

To be honest, I'm surprised the 32-012 will not work. I've had many customers use it successfully.
You're the expert: I'm the ignoramus. I've ordered the 32-012 (I hope I haven't ordered it twice: For some reason, I lost PayPal in the middle of the transaction.) High speed.

We'll see. I hope you're right, and I thank you for your incredible patience with me.

Wish me luck installing same....

Gail
I have my kitchen back thanks to you, Paul. It worked. A neighbor installed them for me (I'm old and alone.)

So you can add this to the times this piece worked.

My sincere thanks,

Gail
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)