SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

help identifying sash track & spring part

A handy person from South Berwick, ME says:
100 year old New Englander 3 story home. Eight double hung sash windows on the first floor have had their ropes/pulley/weights replaced by aluminum tracks, with springs for counter balancing, with a red plastic piece at the bottom of the spring, that catches on the bottom of the sash. I cannot find any ID markings anywhere, and it was done before we bought the house 24 years ago. But the plastic catches on the ends of the springs are breaking. Are replacement parts available? Thanks for your help!
User submitted picture of wood window.
User submitted picture of window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Have you seen our 20-004 Spring Retainer, yet? It looks very similar to your sample, if only white in color. Do you think that would work for your application?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)