SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

help identifying shoe

A contractor from Buford GA says:
Hello

It appears you have the part I'm looking for. I was ordering a pair of 34.5" crossbow 850 balances until the shoe color question. The existing shoe is Blue. Id say it measures 15/16" but I'd be happy to order the 1" as well just to make sure I have what I need when I get to the job. Can you help me complete this order? thanks very much
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Blue is a little weird. Could you tell me the weight of the window sash? That will help us determine what you need. Thanks!
A contractor from Buford GA says:
Thanks Tom for the reply. I don't have the weight. I can tell you that its a Single Hung Twin unit and the sash with the broken balance measures 2' 5 1/2" x 2' 11 1/2 ". What that size sash amounts to in weight I'm not sure. It is possible for me to drive back to the jobsite with a scale and weigh it though if its absolutely necessary. Id rather buy every color/size you have than drive back out there and spend the gas. Could we do that, or do you think you can figure it out based on that dimension? thanks much
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. After conferring with the manufacturer, they told us that our black shoes can work as a replacement for blue shoes.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)