SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

help on part

A handy person from port orange,fl. says:
hi, the metal part is 30 in.not counting plastic ends .channel width is 9/16 .these windows were installed in early 80s .in a mobile home porch
The marking on the channel 29 3 bs1{the one could be a L} these three letters are sideway to the three then on top of those letters mf

best I could do with photos.
thank you for any help Lee

User submitted photos of a window balance.
A handy person from port orange,fl. says:
I think this is what I need
30" Series 351 Channel Balance

Product Code: S351-30
what do you think ?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if our Series 351 is the best match. It looks like your nylon fittings have wings. Can you confirm? If so, our Series 385 might be better.
A quick learner from port,fl. says:
the top part [bottom photo]does have wings ,the bottom does not .would that be the series 385? thanks lee
A quick learner from port orange,fl. says:
after looking closer I think the series 395 is spot on. Holding the part against the screen looks like a match. The wings on top stick out from metal about 1/8 of inch. Bottom is flush .how does this line up with the 395 series?
once again thanks for all your help. lee
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Then yes, if the top attachment does have wings but the bottom does not, then the Series 395 would be the best match.
A quick learner from port orange,fl says:
order placed thank you
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)