help with heavy bi fold doors

A handy person from new york city says:
Hi ,
I need to fix very heavy mirrored bi-fold closed doors.Each door is at least 50lb.It is custom made:91"H X 71 1/2"(full open) panels.Problem is that is very difficult to open and close doors ,I tried to adjust bottom pivot but realized that corner block is broken.Look like that doors are to heavy and needs better hardware.There is a Plastic blocks 2"x3" with screw adjustable pivot and self adjustable top rollers.
I would like to know your opinion and suggestion.
thank you!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe you are describing our 23-407 pivot block and 21-092 adjusting pin. Can you confirm? If this is correct, I believe this is the only setup made for your door. If not, send some photos of yours and we can work from there.
A handy person from new york city says:
Thank you for fast respond.
yes this is what I am looking for.I ordered 23-407 , 21-092 plus self adjustable top wheel.I will try to fix problem replacing all hardware with new ones.This is same set up as original one ,but I think this doors are to heavy and needs stronger hardware.
I am not sure if it is possible to upgrade hardware for this doors.Please,Let me know.
Thanks a lot
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately no. There is not an upgraded version of this hardware available.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.