SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

hiLITE sliding glass door lock handle

A home owner from Lake Oswego, OREGON says:
Hi there,

I just bought a 1977 house in Lake Oswego Oregon. The lock on our sliding glass patio door handle is broken. I see the brand hiLITE on it, but can't make out the letters/word below it. It looks a lot like the 83-014 Surface Mount Lock Ador hiLITE that you sell-- but I am not sure.

Thanks!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I don't believe our 83-014 will work for you. Can you tell me the distance between the two screw holes, measured center-to-center? Can you also show me the locking mechanism that keeps the door secure? That will help us come up with a good replacement!
A home owner from Lake Oswego, OREGON says:
Hi there, sorry I lost track of this in my email!!
The distance between the two screw holes, measured center to center is just shy of 4"

Here is a pic of the locking mech.

User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks again for your patience. While we look into this. For the key lock, the manufacturer recommends the 82-320. I think the inside handle might be a match for our 82-063, which has a hole center spacing of 3-7/8". Look it over and see what you think. The 82-320 also comes with a cover plate, but not sure you would need it.
A professional from CA says:
82-063 is your only choice. 83-014 is for the screen. It only works with the original screen which you don't have. The keyed pull is difficult to get to work because the discontinued original was angled slightly away from the jamb to give the key room to turn.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)