hinge chanel balances

A quick learner from north east, md says:
balances have 1940z stamped on them. came out of an aluminum single hung window. they are not tilt. but they hinge outward to clean instead of tilting out. right side comes out. was curious do you carry parts for this series window? because i also need the hinges for one of the sashes.

thanks
chris
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Chris. Hinge window balances are a little weird, and I'll need you to confirm a few things before I can recommend anything.

First, look at our 19-008 top attachment and 15-025 shoe. Are these the same nylon attachments on your own balances? If so, you may notice that the 15-025 shoe is missing on one of the balances. This is normal, and it means I'm on the right track!

Both balances may have two different stamps. Looking at the balance with a shoe and the balance without the shoe, what does the stamp read for each one? Which is the 1940 stamp for?

As for the hinge, see our 15-058 and see if this can work for you. I've also related some other parts that you may be interested in, which you can see on the right hand side of this page.
A quick learner from north east, md says:
Paul, yes you are definitely on the right track. thats the exact nylons on my balances. now the 1940 is stamped on the balance without the shoe, and 1920 is stamped on balance with shoe. thanks alot buddy. can i buy these balances as a set for each window? i need for 3 windows. the balance itself is 20 1/16"
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Excellent. I have two forms I need you to fill out. I've already started them based on your specifications, so all you have to do is review the information and fill out the empty fields. After you submit both forms, one of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and items which you can add to your cart.

1) 1920 Stamped Balance With Shoe

2) 1940 Stamped Balance Without Shoe
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.