hope'w window operator

A quick learner from fort lauderdale, fl says:
I have a home built in the late 1930s with Hope's window operators on steel casement windows. Several are not working and disassembly indicates the arm gear is worn down to to lack of lubrication and window sticking. Is it possible to replace the arms? Is it possible to buy replacement operators? I have looked through your website and do not see a similar operator. Note the mounting screws are in a vertical plane. I will attatch photo of my operator for your review. Thanks in advancel.
scottt
A customer submitted photo of their window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! These look like a screw-down type operator. Please take a look at our 39-020 & 39-021. Could these work for you? You may want to use these with our 39-504 or 39-512 steel window tracks.
A quick learner from fort lauderdale, fl says:
Close in design but wont work. Note distance between mounting holes is 3.5" on your 39-020 part. The distance on the original Hopes part I have is 2 3/8". Since the mounting base is integral with the window frame, that can not be modified. I have found one of mine replaced with a Hopes operator with the number 5896 cast into the bottom. Please look again and see if something might be available to replace these. Thanks in advance.
Scott Main
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we have no other operators that may work for you. Are you sure you can't drill new holes?
A handy person from Connecticut says:
Hello,
I have several casement window crank operators that are stripped. The handles are fine. The stripped part is the distal (fine) end of the 2-inch screw gear. It's worn down so much that it won't catch the teeth of the arm gear. Is there any know replacement for this 2-inch screw gear? I don't mind taking the things apart. In fact I'd rather do that than replace the operators with new ones. Any thoughts?.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I have placed you into an existing discussion regarding these operators. Check out the responses above to see what we suggest.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.