SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

how do I determine correct replacement bottom track

A home owner from East Bay, California says:
80" wide sliding Stanley mirrored doors, originally 3 door, replaced with 2 door years ago, did not change bottom track, has worked fine until recently the doors don't stay in track, which I now see is bent and misshapen (and installed in 2 sections, one 60" piece, one 20" piece). I'm thinking the track should have been replaced years ago when the doors were replaced with 2 door and have just been lucky until now. How do I determine correct track to install?
User submitted a photo of a mirror door track.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This looks a lot like our 23-273, though it's hard to tell. Carefully compare the style and dimensions we show to your own track and see how they match up. Also confirm that your rollers are concave, as the 23-273 only accepts that type of wheel.
Profile view of 23-270
A quick learner says:
Thanks Tom. The wheels are not concave.. Now what?
Profile picture of Tom
Then you might want a track that is meant to accommodate convex wheels. Check out our 23-243 and see what you think!
A quick learner from East Bay, California says:
You're a genius Tom! 23-243 looks like a great choice, the style and dimensions look like a perfect match! Thanks so much :)

I now see you carry other hardware, so I've started a separate thread for a patio sliding door handle that none of my local door and window folk have been able to help me with. From pictures and dimensions I'm hopeful you guys have a match for me :)

Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
Great! I'm glad I was able to help. We'll see what we can do about your new discussion.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)