SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

how this is this insert?

A quick learner says:
I have a metal channel system which needs a replacement insert. I do not know the manufacturer and cannot find anything locally. The width of the place for the insert if 1", but the sides to hold it in place are just less than 1/16" high and 1/8" wide. This replacement (58-154) does not look the same as what was in it because it did not have the fins on the bottom. However, do you think this will work? Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It could work but it is hard to say. The width of 1" sounds correct which is important. I cannot say for sure if it will fit your channel though. Did you look on the SWISCO Web site to see if there are any other products that are a close match?
A handy person from Wrightwood, CA says:
What is the height of this insert? The form is the same as my item, but needs to be no more than 3/8" in height. (I tried a 1/2" high similar item that was too high.)
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. The height of the 58-154 door bottom replacement insert is 1/2", however it can compress to around 3/8".
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)