SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

how to install bubble seal window stripping

A quick learner from wichita ks says:
we ordeed item #58-182 and are not having any luck getting it into the slot, both sides, we can get one side started but not the other. any tips
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure why it won't fit, it should just slide in. Where exactly are you running into problems? Is it too big, or is there some kind of obstruction?
A quick learner from kansas says:
The ends of the slot in the window are blocked off with the slot from the wool pile that runs vertically so there is no way to slide the bubble seal in from the slide. That is what I thought originally was to just slide it in. The old piece was pretty deteriated os it just fell apart. I tried slipping one end of the T into the slot and using a screen roller to get the other side to drop in but that did not work. I used a screw driver to work the other leg in. The seal is not completely in the slot now but it will work for now until I figure out a better solution.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have replaced the 58-182 many times in the past without much issue. Like Tom said, I would actually just slide the bubble in at one of the ends of the sash. Many time the old bubble would slide out on its own. Check to see if one of the ends on the sash has a cut out in the groove. If not, you might have to cut off a little more yourself to make the job easier. Also check to see if you purchased the correct sized weatherstripping.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)