SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

how to install glass door track cover

A landlord from nevada says:
I have a 8 foot slider which due to bad wheels has damaged and torn up the existing track cover which was made of a dark plastic type material. I now have a bare metal threshold in good condition. Does your replacement track 80-105 go on the existing remaining threshold or was it designed to fit over the track with the old plastic cover. Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 80-105 is actually the track, not a cover. What you would do is remove your existing damaged track, line up the 80-105 with the door, and screw down into the remaining threshold. See 80-103 and 80-100 if you want a track cover.
A handy person from Labelle, Fl says:
I have a double sliding glass patio door that's is about 50 years old and the bottom track (threshold) is damaged in places and door jumps off track. Do you have a replacement track I can purchase. Track is 5 foot long and 4 inch wide. It has two raised rails that measures from edge 7/8" and 2-1/2" or from other side 1-1/2" and 3-1/8". Pictures attached

Keith
User submitted photos of a patio door track.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Keith. Looking at your photos, I believe the best solution would be to use the taller track cover, our 80-100. I believe you have the height for it, but just in case you should check the dimensions to make sure. Use a short screw like the 33-071 on each end to keep it in place. I would also check your rollers in the door as they could be worn and causing the damage to the track. Also, check the video below.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)