SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

how to put the wheel axle pin into the metal frame window

A quick learner from Anaheim CA says:
Do you sell the axle pins that go into the 87-130 wheel and also, could you tell me how to fix the pin on the metal window frame that I have, a 30 year old window.

It looks like one end of the pin is a button like structure, must be done with a tool, can you tell me which tool I should use to fix the wheel if I can get pins from you, not screw in, for sure.

Thanks,
Jim
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We do not have a related axle for this wheel. To remove and install a roller axle I find the best tool to use would be some type of nail set or center punch. You can purchase them at a local hardware store. Also look on the SWISCO web site at other rollers with housings that just push into the bottom of the window channel and are held in by pressure.
A quick learner from California says:
What is the part # for the 1/8 steel axle and how much?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
That wheel does not come with an axle. Look at 87-093 replacement wheel, that does come with axle.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)