how to remove hook guide

A home owner says:
Step 1 says to remove old hook guide, but doesn't explain how. I've tried tilting it in and trying to pull it out that way, but it won't budge. This shower is about 25 years old and I'm guessing the doors are as well. Any advice you have would be great. Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Are you referring to our 10-139? If so, first remove the screws from the old guy, tilt the door away, and tilt the guide to unhook it from the track. Try it out and let me know if it works.
A home owner says:
Thanks for your response. No, they are not that specific model #, as these doors are old and so are the hook guides. The model 10-139 is the closest I could find to the guides that are on my door (same dimensions as well). The screws fell out, I moved them away from the door and tilted them to get them off the track, but they will not come out. I even tried to pry them out...didn't help. I was hoping there was a trick I was missing, but it doesn't seem so. I appreciate your quick response.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. If you'd like, you can take a few pictures of the part in question and upload them here for us to look over. Maybe if we can see it we can come up with a possible solution.
A quick learner says:
I hope these photos came out well enough. Let me know what you think.
User submitted photos of shower door hardware.
A quick learner says:
I posted these through my phone, but just in case they didn't go through, I'm trying again on my laptop. Let me know what you think. Thank you.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. You should be able to remove these guides by tilting them back away from you. Once you do that, then the bottom lip should come out of the track. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what else could.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for your help. I decided to keep the old ones in and just drill new holes. Works fine. I have a feeling these hook guides were installed as part of the frame, so they don't come off unless the frame comes up as well. My solution was much simpler. Thank you!
10-139 Shower Door Bottom Guide Instructions
10-139 Shower Door Bottom Guide Instructions
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.