SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

i have a busted balance

A home owner from New Mexico says:
I have a block and tackle balance that busted. I made some repairs and it worked for a few months. I do not know the window manufacturer. The only label on the window is the AAMA cert sticker.

Is the balance I have one of yours?

If yes, where can I get some (if one goes, others will go)?

Bill
A customer submitted image of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?
I'm not sure which dimension on the part represents the 1 inch or 1 3/32 depth.
Can you clarify or send me the CAD drawing?
Profile picture of Tom
You can view the dimensions on the product pages for the 15-005 and the 15-004. However, I will post them here for your benefit.

15-005:

15-004:
1.1 inch so it seems to be the 004 variation.
The channel is 33 inches.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! With that in mind, I would check out our S385-33 channel balance. Please take a look and let me know if you think that matches up.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)