SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

identification and verification of parts being ordered.

A home owner from New Jersey says:
Can you identify the enclosed pivot shoe It Measurements as best as I could determine 2" long 1 1/8 " wide 1.2" thick

there is no cut out in the sash to actually remove the shoes. Hopefully I can with the help of a dremel tool, make a exit slot in the channel.

Spiral Balance is a red tip 28 " long tube (appears to be a S900-28) I'll need a spiral balance charging tool ( 75006 ?)

I'm looking at:

4-Pivot Shoes
4-Spiral Balances
1-Spiral Balance Charger.

I have two windows that need the spiral balances replaced. I'd appreciate it if you could identify the items I need by part numbers so I can order them.
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! This pivot shoe looks somewhat similar to our 15-046. Take a look and see what you think.
A home owner from New Jersey says:
Thanks for verifying the pivot shoe, this was the same item number I had chosen, but needed your advise. I'm also stuck with having to make a channel in the sash of both windows in order to remove and install the new pivot shoes. I've opted to use a drimel tool which seems to be the best option.Do have any suggestions, other than be careful ?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you should definitely be careful. There's really no elegant way to go about making a cutout, unfortunately. However, have you seen our tutorial video on removing pivot shoes? It may provide you with some insight.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)