identify part please

A home owner from San Ramon, CA says:
Hello,
I have an Andersen gliding patio door, series 400. It is about ten years old. I am looking for the upper track for the insect screen. I have found some, but none that match.

The track is the guide for the upper wheels of the screen. The guide is rectangular, like an upside down U and has a "spline" on top that fits into a groove on the slider frame. It is just under 8 feet long. Attached is a photo of the guide.

Can you help me identify the part number and where I can buy it?

Richard
door track
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if Andersen still makes this type of top screen track that has a lock-in Kerf like you show. You would need to check with Andersen directly, they may be the only ones who have it if anyone does at all. We do carry a screw-on type of top screen track that may be worth considering. See the 80-110. This is installed with screws like the 33-020. The inside width of the 80-110 is 5/8". See if that matches the inside width of your track. I can't be sure it will work, especially since Andersen is so specific, but look it over anyway just in case.
A home owner says:
I did call Anderson. They were able to identify the appropriate part. The replacement doesn't have the lock-in kerf. It is installed with screws instead. I'm installing it today.

Thanks for the help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.