SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

inside broken patio door handle

A quick learner from USA says:
This is the handle we need to replace. The space between the 2 screws is 6& 5/8. The thickness of the door is 1 & 3/8 Please let me know how I can purchase a replacement.

Thank you
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Dennis. This exact handle is discontinued, but you may be able to get our 82-036 to work as a substitute. See what you think.
A home owner from Northville, MI says:
Tom, The handle I sent you a picture of which no longer exists, has a 6 5/8 span between the screws. You suggested the 82-036 as a substitute which has a span of 6 9/16. Will that work without re-drilling the door ? Thank you, Dennis
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I think you should be okay. I would triple check your hole spacing, just to be sure. Make sure to measure from the center of each screw, not their edges. I've used our 82-036 to replace your handle set before and it worked great!
A home owner from Northville, Michigan says:
You recommended the 82-036 to replace our broken handle. The picture of the 82-036 shows a left to right pull. Our doorwall is a right to left pull. Is it made right to left ? If it is I would like to order it. Please let me know asap. Thank you, Dennis
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Dennis. You should be able to just flip the 82-036 upside down.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)