SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

installation of tilt wash assist

A quick learner from Maine says:
I just purchased some tilt wash assists for my Anderson windows, but would like to know the exact way to install them. I find no place on the internet that explains. Is there "give" to the assists themselves, or is the give in the sash? Should I use pliers, or would this cause breakage? Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. First, unlock and lower the upper sash. Then, grasp the old tilt-wash assist with a pair of pliers. You will have to pull down and in to roll the tilt-wash assist out of the jamb liner channel.

Once the only one is removed, compress the sides of the replacement 20-020. You can just use your fingers. Insert the pointed end into the jamb liner channel and roll the finger tab end in.

I hope this information has helped. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)