SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

jalousie cranks

A quick learner from Arkansas says:
Hi! Hope you can help! I have a a sunroom with 8 jalousie windows without cranks to open. The overall dimension of the whole piece is 5" all, 5/8" wide. The crank receptacle has 2 holes, the larger one with a smaller indention at the back of it and what appears to be a roller mechanisum inside. We really need to open these windows for cleaning. Any ideas on cranks? What other info do you need? Assuming I can get one off and send in if needed.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! You don't need to send it in, but I would like to see a couple clear pictures of this crank removed fully from the window. I need to see the whole thing. Let me know!
A quick learner from Arrkansas says:
Hi Tom: I can't get these off because previous owners installed sorm windows over them and built in the cranks. I hope these pictures, which show how the lever comes out the back, will suffice. Let me know.
Profile picture of Tom
It's hard to say without seeing the end of the arm. I would start by looking at our Selection of Jalousie Replacement Operators and carefully comparing the dimensions of the hardware we show to your own and seeing if anything matches.
A quick learner from Arkansas says:
Hi Tom - finally one got one out. 5 1/4" top to bottom. I am attaching 4 photos. I ordered what purported to be a universal crank from y'all but it didn't work. Do these help?
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect! I think you might want to consider either our 39-165 or maybe even our 39-346. Check them out and let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)