jalousie window crank circa 1940-50"s

A handy person from New Hampshire says:
It is a split arm with long handle crank. Coming out from the housing (which measures exactly as your 39-005 but has only one screw whole to attach to the window casing) is an A1 and the longer piece of the swing arm has 8374. I purchased four of your 39-005 cranks but the nodule that is suppose to be inserted into the aluminum frame and screw in, does not quite fit through the hole (almost but not quite). The arm I currently have,does not screw in, but slides through the hole in the aluminum window casing, then a very thin piece of rounded metal slides into place over the "grommet"?? I hope this makes sense to somebody because I have no pictures to send you. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Would you be able to show us a couple pictures of the hardware you have now out of the window? That will help us in our search. Due to the age of your window we may not be able to find an exact match, but perhaps we can find another solution.
Hey Tom,
Here are a couple of photos.
Thanks!
Judy
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Tom, Did you receive the pictures I sent. I hope we can work with these. I did order your 39-005 (I think that was the #) but had to return them for they did not fit thru the whole in aluminum frame and were a screw as opposed to what you see in the picture.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks again for your patience. I believe our 39-005 is the closest match we have to yours. The main gear arm is set up in the opposite direction from yours, giving the appearance that the screw is on the wrong side, but it should still work in or window. The only thing is, you will need to drill out the hole a little larger in the window to accept the screw sector.
39-005 How to replace a Jalousie operator
39-005 How to replace a Jalousie operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.