SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What is the smallest space the jamb spreader can fit into?

A landlord from Newark, New Jersey says:
This jamb spreader sounds like exactly want I need to replace some broken pivot shoes. But I am skeptical, I do not want to spend a lot of money for a product that I get no warranty on. Is there a specific reason why there is no warranty? What makes it so expensive? What is the smallest space it will fit into? Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The manufacture's response to the question about the lack of warranty for the 75-069 is as follows...
We do not have any way to monitor how a customer is using the jamb spreader. The customer could, over tighten, or use the jamb spreader in a way that it was not designed. It is intended for vinyl jambs only. We cannot offer a warranty.

The high expense is because the stretcher is a machined product made from aluminum.

The smallest space the stretcher would fit into is 1/2". See the image below that shows the measurement of the part of the stretcher that sticks into the channel (note: please excuse the used condition of the stretcher in the image - I grabbed one out of our workshop that is in use daily).
Profile view of the 75-069 jamb stretcher. (Note: the image features a stretcher that is used daily in our workshop)
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)