SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

kawneer door hardware information

A handy person from cambridge says:
I need the piece of weather stripping that goes on the face plate for a kawneer commercial door long throw the little flat slide on piece is approx. 5/32 wide with a wool pile about1/4 - 5/16 high do you have such an animal or can I trim the one you have to fit? ( yours is 9/32 )I did buy a couple of face plates some where else and their bronze tone was almost black mine is light colored bronze tone and 1-1/8 wide all your measurements are the same except width which is 1".Any help would be appreciated. Thanks MD
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if you can replace just the weather stripping on the face plate. The wool pile on the 79-030 appears to be "pressed" to secure it in place. Could you just replace the face plate entirely?
A handy person from Cambridge says:
Oh yes. I would like to get the same color.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Our 79-030 does come in bronze, but you say yours is lighter. Could I perhaps see a picture? That will help us find the right color. As for the 1-1/8" vs 1" difference, I went back and measured our 79-030 myself. Looks like the base is just 1", but if you count the pile extension it comes out to about 1-1/8". Would the same be true for yours?
A quick learner says:
Here is a picture the wool strip will slide out although it might be hard to slide new one in place but the color is my main concern.
can you help me ?
User submitted photo of their faceplate.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you! I assume your cover is the one on top? If so, I think the bronze color of our 79-030 matches quite nicely. Review the pictures online and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)