SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

kerf weather stripping for older Pella mahogany front door

A home owner from Milton, GA says:
Need kerf weather stripping for older Pella mahogany front door. Existing product looks like a "D" with kerf insert at intersection of arch and straight line - only 9/16 wide straight section. Curved section is not attached above this point. Appears to be vinyl with a foam filling. Pella is not sure they can supply new weather stripping and suggested a generic. Can you help?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm having trouble visualizing what you've describe. I would start by looking at our 58-173 and 58-181 and seeing how well these match your weatherseal. If neither do, remove a small sample and take a few pictures of it for us to see. Please make sure that the pictures are taken at the same angle as the pictures for the two weatherseals I just recommended. It is essential that we see the shape. I will also need detailed dimensions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)