SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

kerfed white weatherstrip

A home owner from San Antonio, Tx says:
I recently purchased some white kerfed magnetic weatherstrip made by Pemko which worked fine on my metal clad doors on the lock side of the door and on the inside bottom of the breeze way doors but I was unable to use on the hinge side of the door because I could no longer close the door. Attached is a picture of kerfed weatherstrip on the hinge side of my door. Do you have anything like this. It has a foam hump between the stop and door face and a flat piece of foam that extends beyond the hump. This flat piece is between the door edge and jamb when the door is closed.
A customer submitted photo of weatherseal.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It looks like you may have something similar to our 58-008 Prime Door seal set, which is also magnetic. However, the bubble strip of that set is meant for the hinge side, while the magnetic is for the lock side.

You may also want to look at our 58-056 and see if that may work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)