SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

My 40-043 handle set's inside latch

A quick learner from Vermont says:
I purchased item 40-043. The supplied inside latch is not the same as exactly as illustrated in the upper photo (which is what my storm door has). The latch supplied looks similar to the latch pictured for item 40-145. The outside lever supplied is an exact match to the lower photo. Can you supply the inside latch that is in the picture? If so, can I arrange to return the one you supplied?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting!

The inside latch for the 40-043 Sears Storm Door Handle Set is the latch you require; it is not the 40-145, but simply a different style. The only difference is the aesthetic.This information is incorrect. Please see below.

We will be updating the picture on our website soon.
A home owner from Jacksonville FL says:
Why doesn't Sears make a replacement inside latch for the model 40-043 that has a locking mechanism? My inside latch is broken and I would really like to have one replace it that has the locking mechanism of the original.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hello,
I do not think it will be a problem to supply the inside latch for the 40-043, handle set. Give me a little time to work on this for you, I will post again soon.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
The inside handle for the 40-043 set is now available. Please see new SWISCO product code 40-185.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)