SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

latch for retractable screen in a Larson storm door.

A handy person from Lanesville, Indiana 47136 says:
Larson Storm Door: Registration Number: 34660031-122100216. This door is an older model (that we like) that was replaced by the storm door listed below. They are essentially the same except for the latch.

I am looking for a replacement latch.
Measurements are 1 1/4" width as measured from screw center to screw center. Depth is 1/2" wide.
Material: aluminum. Replacement can be ferrous or non-ferrous...just not plastic.

This latch is intended to replace the totally unsatisfactory latch on the following door:
New Door with Unsatisfactory Plastic Latch: 146FV-111151201 - this door came with a plastic piece that does not work at all.

I have ordered Sears storm window replacement pieces.
I am extremely happy with your products.
I need something close, and I will make it work.
The only limitation is the width of 1/2 inch so that it will sit atop the non-moving panel.
Thank you and feel free to call.

Bill
User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Bill. The closest match we have been able to find is our 90-285. Could you get this to work on your window?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)