SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

latch installation

A quick learner from Schenectady, NY says:
The 26-155 latch sure looks like the part that I need.
Is there an assembly drawing somewhere so I can understand how to remove the old broken part and install the new one?
Thanks in advance,

Mike T.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us, Mike. I believe the latch should come out after you pop the thumb lever off. Let me know if that works.
A landlord from Schenectady, NY says:
Uhmmm, probably not. At present, the windows do not have any thumb levers. The latch thumb hole is recessed in the upper part of the window sash.
I will need to measure my window and possibly use a screw-on catch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying. You may have a different part, then, or perhaps just a different configuration. Could you show me a few pictures of what you have now? That will help us come up with a better solution.
Sure,

I'll take a few photos next time I work at that particular apartment

Mike T.
I took a few photos
Apologies in advance for the poor focus
Need replacement latch and clues to remove/replace.

Thanks,
Mike T.
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! That clears it up. Based on your photos, I would recommend our 26-132 and 26-133 top tilt latches. To replace your latches, remove the sash and the two top frame screws. Then use a block of wood and hammer to carefully knock off the top vinyl rail. The top tilt latches will then come out. See our video.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)