latch mechanism broken

A quick learner from Agoura Hills, CA says:
We have what looks like a the Atrium 82-400 lockset. Can you tell me if the internals can be replaced or do we have to buy the whole set? The latch mechanism has failed, i.e. if you try to enter from outside it won't engage. But works ok from the inside going out.
Thanks in advance!
handle
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If your hardware works okay from the inside, but not from the outside, then I don't think the inside mortise lock is the problem. It might just be the outside handle. A good way to test it out is to remove the inside and outside handles and then try to manually throw the mortise lock from both sides.
A home owner from Dallastown, PA says:
I have the same issue, however, I can't disengage the handles. Where could I get a manual to do so? I've tried everything I could think of, but nothing happens when I push into the pinholes in the bottom of both handles. In advance, thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe the handles are held on with an Allen wrench type set screw. In the case, where the inside unlocks the door and not the outside, check to see if the Allen screw is loose.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.