likit window guides

A handy person from pittsburg, Ca. 94565 says:
All the windows in this house are void of guides. some want to fall out of the frames. House was built in the 1960's. Latches say Likit. No other info.
Rails are only 3/32" wide or so. Do you have the plastic guides for these windows?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if this type of window was ever meant to have the guides you're looking for. That said, you could try using our 67-009 and see if you could get it to work.
A handy person from pittsburg,ca. says:
Sorry guys. I just realized there are a few windows in the house with the original guides intact. I'll photograph them and post them tomorrow.
A handy person from pittsburg, ca. says:
I found some guides intact. they are old and warn thin but these are what came with the windows. Do you have access to them?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That's a huge help! These guides look a bit like our 87-199. Could you use this set as a replacement?
A landlord from Hayward, CA says:
I have used this hardware to fix Likit windows exactly like the ones pictured. The new guides look a little different than the originals, but will work fine. The small tabs are meant to slide into a slot next to the rail and then the aluminum frame is bent slightly to hold the tab in. I found that the new ones were slightly loose and they would not stay in place. So, I used a hot glue gun to hold them in. They were installed this way on all the windows in a rental building about two years ago and I haven't seen any failures yet.
A home owner from Chico, Ca. says:
Our home was built in the early 70's, and we have since replaced many of the original Likit windows. However, we still have a number of them that have not yet been replaced for various reasons.
I have been looking for window guides for quite some time, and I am very pleased to find that Swisco is carrying these window guides. They fit perfectly! Just un-pinch the area on the aluminium frame where the downward pointing tang on the plastic guide would go, clean out that area, press in the new plastic guide, re-pinch the aluminium frame, and Voila! I did add a bit of hot glue, just to make it a bit more secure, although it may not be necessary. Good Luck!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.