SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

lock & keeper 90-173

A quick learner says:
I see the Spec's on the keeper but what are the center to center spec on the lock. This looks exactly like the set I need for my milgard windows?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hello, The lock also measures 2-1/4" on installation hole centers. Do you think this could work for your repair?
A quick learner says:
I guess not the center to center on my lock is 1 1/16" .the catch is 1 1/4" center to center everything you have seems to match on the oc's
Profile picture of Donna
The 90-278 set is a popular 2-1/16" lock set and the keeper has slotted holes. The only thing is, it has a deep backset on the lock, measure your backset to see if this could work. If not, we would be happy to keep working on this.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for all the help. Looked at that. will any of the locks work with the 90-282 flush keeper I can adjust the holes if need be as long as the lock will work.
Profile picture of Donna
The 90-282, recessed keeper, mounts to the face of the upper sash frame, much different mount than the 90-173 and 90-278 keepers. Please feel free to post images of what you currently have or a rough drawing with the dimensions attached for us to research. We have a few locks online already that have 2-1/16" hole spacing but if you have something different than what we offer we can look into bringing in something else for you.
A quick learner says:
The keeper looks very similar to 90-282 the lock set has A 2 1/16" oc and a 7/16" back set ? this is a horizontal slide milgard window
User submitted photos of a window lock & keeper.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you, that is a huge help. See our 90-161 window lock. This may be a better fit. The original keeper is no longer available, so we suggest the 90-282 keeper as a substitute.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)