SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

lock for outside screen door casing

A home owner from austin,texas says:
manufacture was star die patent no. 4.578.967 cascade inc.came with key, but inside guts a part broke off where the key wont lock the door.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I couldn't cross-reference that number to anything. Can I see a few pictures of the hardware in question? That will help us come up with a good replacement. I would also like detailed dimensions. Thanks!
A home owner from portland Oregon says:
I found this post from February 22, 2014 regarding a screen door lock assy. mfg. Star die pat # 4.578.967 cascade inc. with key, inside deadbolt guts parts broken. deadbolt wont work. i did not find any additional responses. I have attached two pictures of the deadbolt lock assy. do you have any ideas where to find a replacement?

thanks Rick
User submitted photos of a mortise lock.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the photo, Rick. I believe the latch you show is the inside latch part of our 40-186 kit. Take a look and see if that is the replacement for your door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)