SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

locking security screen door hardware

A home owner from Alamo, California says:
I have four security screen doors that are about 20 years old. The doors are in great shape but, the locks are beginnning to fail. I have had no luck so far in finding replacement hardware...hope you can help. The name on the door stickers is: Ideal Security Hardware. Am attaching photos.
Thanks for you help!
A customer submitted photo of a door lock.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting.

Can you please provide us with the measurements of the door? Ideally, we would need the measurements between screw holes.
A home owner from Alamo, Ca says:
This is at our vacation home. Will send measurements next time I am there.
A home owner from Alamo, California says:
The measurements of the openings are as follows:
There are three round openings and one oval.
The overall measurement from top to bottom is 5 1/2 inches.
The first two openings are round, from center to center is 1 3/4 inches.
From bottom of second circle to to of oval is 1 1/4inch.
The oval is 15/8 inch opening. The last circle is immediately below the oval and 1/2 inch in diameter.
The entire group of openings are 3/4 of and inch from the doors edge.

If you need further information please let me know.

Thank you for your assistance with this. If you have a product that will work, I am interested in purchasing four.

Thank you,

Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
We have located a possible replacement part. However, this part is not yet online. We will post an update on the discussion board as soon as the part is online and available for you to view. Please anticipate a few weeks.

Thank you for your patience.
A quick learner from Alamo California says:
Still waiting...any word on replacement hardware yet?
Profile picture of Donna
Hi, I wanted to let you know we are still working on this. Unfortunately the replacement set we thought could possibly work for you doesn't look like a good fit. We are still trying, if you can hold on longer we are still working to come up with a possible solution for you.
A home owner from Menifee, Ca says:
Ah Ha! I need one of these too!
Please let me know when you can post these online. The one I have is a bit more decorative. It's 'hammered' antique brass/bronze.
A home owner from Alamo, CA says:
Thanks. We will hold on until you find a solution.
Profile picture of Donna
Please see new SWISCO product code 40-186, Replacement Lever Mortise Lock Set. Compare the dimensions to your original and let us know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)