looking for Hope replacement crank and arm

A handy person from Bethesda, Maryland says:
Greetings: I need to replace four Hope window cranks and arms (the teeth are stripped). The original part number is R. H. 5564. The screw holes are 4 1/8" apart. So far, so good, right -- because that would seem to match up with your 39-354.

But there are two issues: First, the length of the arm is not 9" but 14". Second the disk at the end of the arm that slides into the bracket has a diameter of 10/16", not 9/16".

So I have three questions: 1) Do you have a replacement model with a 14" arm? 2) If I use the 9" arm, does it just mean that my window won't open as widely but will otherwise still be usable? 3) is the 1/16" difference in diameter a nonstarter?

For $25, I'm willing to experiment, but wanted to hear what you folks had to say first. Thanks very much.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Could you show us a few pictures of the operator itself removed from the window? That will help us find a good match for you.
A quick learner from Bethesda, Maryland says:
for TOM:

See pix of Hope's hardware that I'm trying to replace. thanks, jg
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Yes, usually we recommend the newer 39-353 and 39-354 for this operator. Those long arms concern me though. It almost looks like they were altered at one point. I don't think it was made to look like that.

If you use our 39-353 and 39-354 still, the window might not open as far. If that is a problem then the only thing I can think of is seeing if you could alter those arms in the same way. I'm afraid we do not have a match for this exact operator, though. Sorry we can't offer a better solution! If you can contact the original installers of the window, they may be able to explain why they altered your operator arms to begin with.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.