metal security door lock

A home owner from USA says:
I have an old metal security door that I am looking for a replacement lock or tumbler. I got locked out of my house because I lost the key to the security door. The locksmith came and opened the door, however, since I did not have a backup key the door is disabled. The door is old and the name on the lock panel is PADO. I looked up on your web site and it looks like your product code 40-049 would be usable. Can you verify that would work for me?
User submitted a photo of door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have used our 40-049 lock set to replace the PADO lock in the past. You might have adjust it a little, but I think it's a good match. Just make sure to remove yours from the door so to match up the dimensions with what we show on the 40-049 store page.
A quick learner from Temple Hills, MD 20748 says:
Is it possible to just replace the tumbler part the lock on this door. If so how much would that cost.

Susan N
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Our 40-089 is the tumbler used in the 40-049, but I do not know if it will work for your own handle set. It looks like yours is more square, which is not a style we have. You may want to contact a local locksmith, they may be able to help.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.