milestone single hung series 2000 windows

A home owner from Altoona, Fla. says:
Hi
The balance springs on several of my windows have broken. the stamped writing on the back of the channel says " Unique 27-0-40. Which one of your 770 series will match. Also I want to remove two of the non-opening windows directly above the tilting windows. Is there a simple method to achieve this. The glass has blued and needs to be replaced
Thanks
Tim
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you have the S770-27, you may be able to use the 27D option. Keep in mind this is for sashes weighing 22 through 26 pounds. If your sash weight does not fall within that range, please let me know and we can suggest something else.

The Milestone Series 2000 window is single hung, meaning that the top sash is stationary and cannot be removed. It's part of the main window frame, not an individual sash. You will need to replace the glass at the house. I would recommend contacting a local glass shop, they may be able to send someone out to help you.
A home owner from Winter Garden FL says:
Replaced locks but when window is closed, the lock doesn't go into the slot but above it. Is this something wrong with rubber sweep underneath or balance. It's on both sides.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I can't say what the problem might be. Did this only start happening after you replaced the locks? If so, then there might have been an issue with the installation, or you just not have purchased the correct replacement.

If this problem occurred before you replaced the locks, then there could be any number of possible explanations. I would need more context, and photos of the hardware in question, before I could offer you my guesses.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.