SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

milgard latch identification request

A handy person from Novato, Ca says:
Hello,

I have a few windows that the latch is broken on. I went to buy a similar part at hardware store and the tab is too thick to slide into the locking groove. Can you please help me identify. I can take this latch off to see if there is a model # if needed.

Thank you, Rob
User submitted photos of a door latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, Rob! This lock looks similar to our 90-005, but I think we'd better see a few pictures of the "tongue" itself just to be sure, since you said that was the main problem. As you can see, we have a few window locks that are also similar, such as our 90-009, but they have different "tongues."
Profile picture of Tom
We have recently added a new window lock to our catalog that has offset holes. Please see our 90-072 and see if you can use this as a possible replacement! Unfortunately, the 90-072 will not work, either. I am sorry we have not been able to get anything to match this hardware, but we will keep looking!
Profile picture of Tom
We have something that may work. Please see our new 90-287 offset window lock.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)